Malta Snorkeling Safari
Explore the most beautiful beaches and the breathtaking views in this Top Rated Malta snorkeling excursion.
If you want to see the beauty of Malta, Above and Under the water, this unique snorkeling tour is made for you. We will let you to “Discover” the island more than just “visit” it.
You will be picked up at your hotel and then will head to our centre in Bugibba.
After trying the snorkeling gear you will start a fun, scenic and stress-free adventure onboard of our air-conditioned comfortable vehicles.
This is the first and original Snorkelling Safari Malta, you will swim at two (2) different snorkelling sites and visit a few locations in from the spectacular countryside of Malta.
We will stop for a lunch-break near restaurants and bars and there will be plenty of opportunities for shortstops and photos. At the end of the excursion we will bring you back to your hotel.
First-timers are welcome! You do not need to be a strong swimmer to participate, and it is a great activity that also families with kids will enjoy.
Guided Snorkeling Tours
We don’t like overcrowded places. We love to connect people with nature and see places away from the busy touristic routes.
Malta is a small island, but many locations are challenging to reach if you do it on your own. Some of the roads are quite bumpy, but this is no problem for our 4×4 vehicles.
Get ready to discover the crystal water surrounding the island and its diverse scenery.
Relax as you enjoy all the sights and leave the hassles of driving to us!
Price: 80€ Duration: 7 Hours
• Hotel Pick Up and Drop Off (Malta North)
• Professional Guide
• First AID & Safety equipment
• Full Snorkeling Equipment (full-body wetsuit, mask, snorkel and fins)
- Jennifer T.Divers Code is a diving school specialized in snorkeling. We had a great experience! Our guide Pepo was very friendly... read moreDivers Code is a diving school specialized in snorkeling. We had a great experience! Our guide Pepo was very friendly and made sure we got the right equipment and every information we need. He drove us to a beautiful bay that wasn't crowded and had calm conditions, perfect for snorkeling.
We fully recommend Divers Code and would go on a snorkeling Safari with them anytime again (German travelers) read lessRachael W.Absolutely loved our snorkelling full-day trip that we booked with Divers Code. Very small group with only four people and... read moreAbsolutely loved our snorkelling full-day trip that we booked with Divers Code. Very small group with only four people and the guide was helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. read lessAnnabella F.- TripAdvisorAMAZING Myself and my boyfriend did the night diving first. Snorkeling was new to me and Andrea explained exactly how to... read moreMyself and my boyfriend did the night diving first. Snorkeling was new to me and Andrea explained exactly how to do it until I understood.
This experience was so unique, couldn't be compared to anything else. It was in a super safe environment too so you've nothing to concentrate on other than exploring the deep blue.
We did a full day tour of Comino and the blue lagoon. We were picked up from our hotel. Giovanni gave us great insight into life on the island and recommendations for places to eat, dive and visit (as did Andrea on other occasions). We then went out on a boat for the day. We were only with 4 others which made the whole day feel very relaxed.
Both dive sites we went to were incredible. Didn't know the sea could be that colour - a luminous tourquis. The dive took us exploring caves and inlets, as did the boat trip back to the bay.
Would highly recommend these guys, they were so friendly and helpful and we had the best time on our trips! read lessBob P.- TripAdvisorFun day of snorkeling in Malta Andrea did a great job of taking us on a wonderful snorkeling excursion in Malta. We went to St.... read moreAndrea did a great job of taking us on a wonderful snorkeling excursion in Malta. We went to St. Peters Pool in the morning and another location in the afternoon. Andrea picked us up after our Cruise ship arrived at the port and took us to St. Peters Pool for the morning snorkeling. He provided wet suits which were needed in the cool water. I used my own full face snorkel mask. We did see some fish, but in the Med you don't see as many or as big a fish as you would see in the Caribbean or Hawaii. The water was crystal clear and many people were swimming in this area and jumping off of the cliffs. We then had a nice tour of the local area and the markets and had lunch. Then we were off to the second location which was very deep. In that area there were more fish, sea urchins and also and eel that I found on the wall of the port. There were several small boats going in and out of that area taking people on tours so Andrea did a good job of keeping us safe. It was a great experience and we had a fun time. read lesslizkenny34- TripAdvisorAMAZING EXPERIENCE! My 2 children (aged 7 and 11) and I visited Malta at peak season in August. We wanted the... read moreMy 2 children (aged 7 and 11) and I visited Malta at peak season in August. We wanted the opportunity to explore the island without feeling like we were constantly competing with a thousand other tourists. I am so grateful for Divers Code! The service they provide is incredible and bespoke. We booked a full day and emailed back and forth before we arrived on the type of experience we were looking for. Their communication is brilliant - extremely prompt replies if you email them! They provided a unique snorkeling experience suitable for not only my more cautious 7 year old but also my more adventurous 11 year old as well as taking us around the island pointing out some of the countries landmarks. The whole tour was amazing! Divers Code took us to locations known by locals so we weren't surrounded by lots of tourists. It was bliss! I felt like we had a private guided tour! It was worth every penny and definitely the highlight of the whole holiday. Huge thanks Pepo!!! read lessLau L.- TripAdvisorUnderwater adventure We booked the Full day in Gozo with Divers Code. We were picked up at our apartment by Giovanni, the... read moreWe booked the Full day in Gozo with Divers Code. We were picked up at our apartment by Giovanni, the Italian Ironman and taken to 2 lovely snorkeling spot on Gozo. It was an amazing experience and everybody were enjoying themselves enourmously.
If you like snorkeling or would just try something diffenrent in very safe hands, then look no further read less
- mtbsamjames- TripAdvisorFantastic Day Out My partner and I decided to do the full day snorkelling safari through Divers Code and we were not disappointed.... read moreMy partner and I decided to do the full day snorkelling safari through Divers Code and we were not disappointed. We were picked up promptly from Valletta and taken to their shop where we met our guide, Pepo, and the 2 others who were in our group. We were given a detailed briefing on certain safety aspects, as well as how to snorkel properly. We then went out in their car to the first snorkelling location, stopping off on the way to look at a historical site. Pepo told us a lot about what we were seeing as we drove past and gave us the opportunity to stop if we wanted to take any photos. It was then time to start our first snorkel. I would highly recommend snorkelling with a guide; firstly, Pepo was attached to a buoy which indicated that there were snorkelers operating within the vicinity. Anyone that has been on a speed boat before will know how hard it is to see swimmers in open water. It is not uncommon to have people who have just rented the boat for a day out in the water and are not experienced (happens everywhere, not just Malta). Having this extra bit of security really helped make the both the sessions that much more relaxing and enjoyable. Secondly, Pepo pointed out different sea life and told us what they were which was nice. Lastly, on our second snorkel we swam to this amazing cave. Unfortunately there were a few jellyfish. This did not put a damper on the swim because Pepo put himself in between us and the jelly fish and made sure we were safe at all times. read lessmarcoshekkc- TripAdvisorFun! Snorkelling Safari Full Day My partner and I went on the full day snorkelling safari! IT WAS FUN AND WORTH THE MONEY!
Pepo is very... read moreMy partner and I went on the full day snorkelling safari! IT WAS FUN AND WORTH THE MONEY!
Pepo is very attentive. Since I am a bit afraid of water based on past experience, he made me feel safe and gave me enough confidence to enjoy in the sea!
The water is sooooo clear and we saw a lot of interesting marine life! Pepo is very knowledgeable in answering all our questions!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! read lessmichaelamcdaid- TripAdvisorDo it! Excellent! I was trying to pack too much into one week in Malta (because it's that kind of place!)... read moreExcellent! I was trying to pack too much into one week in Malta (because it's that kind of place!) and didn't contact Divers Code until the night before I wanted to go snorkelling, here was response waiting for me in the morning. I wasn't able to join the safari that had already been booked, but communication was excellent and Pepo accommodated me as a single traveller for a couple of hours in Buggiba.
Safe, professional, knowledgeable and great craic ('fun' - I'm Irish!)
The only thing I would do differently would be to prioritise a full days snorkelling safari over anything else.
Thank you! read lessSchillaci R.We had a really (really) good day with this professional and funny staff ! They made us discover wonderfull... read moreWe had a really (really) good day with this professional and funny staff ! They made us discover wonderfull diving spots with some entertainement on board (luch, music, drinks...). The little bonus : They took undersea pictures and sent them for free! I recommand them a lot ! read lessCindyfromNZ- TripAdvisorLoved it ! I did the snorkelling safari, and it was definitely the highlight of my week in Malta. It was just... read moreI did the snorkelling safari, and it was definitely the highlight of my week in Malta. It was just the guide and myself. He was very professional and made sure I felt safe and comfortable the entire time. At the same time it was all very relaxed and a bit like having a friend take me out for the day. First we went snorkelling in front of where the Popeye Village is. This spot itself was amusing and stunning at the same time. The water visibility wasn't fantastic, but it was calm enough to get in close to the rocks and have a good look around.
We drove to another place (sorry, don't know the name), stopped for some lunch. After we drove a bit further, parked up and walked up a hill. The guide showed me this amazing spot, it was probably a cave at some stage, but now it was a beautiful spot where some people (not me) choose to jump into the water. We instead walked back down and snorkelled around. Thankfully the current wasn't too strong so we were able to do this. Snorkelling into this 'open air cave' was just amazing. It was the most beautiful spot I've even been in the water. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.
After we snorkelled back, my guide drove me back to my hotel. I was tired, (sunburnt) but absolutely buzzing. Thank you again. Those memories will be safely stored away. read lessjammacjam- TripAdvisorWould recommend, Excellent service Really enjoyed this. Much better then going on your own. Excellent guide, really safety conscious and friendly. We went... read moreReally enjoyed this. Much better then going on your own. Excellent guide, really safety conscious and friendly. We went for a full day this Monday and it was really enjoyable. Usually you are just left on your own snorkeling but this was the level of safety and guide as a scuba dive. So nice to see snorkeling taken seriously. read less
- Ming J.- TripAdvisorFull day tour We joined a full-day tour, visiting two land sites and two snorkeling sites! The guide, Pepo is very approachable and... read moreWe joined a full-day tour, visiting two land sites and two snorkeling sites! The guide, Pepo is very approachable and we had full trust in Pepo during our snorkeling sessions and those were one of our fondest memories in Malta! Really recommend snorkeling with Diverscode! read lessLore_Belgica- TripAdvisorBest day of our holiday, really glad we did this Two friends and I booked a full day snorkeling safari in Gozo with Diver's code. Our instructor, Pepo, picked us... read moreTwo friends and I booked a full day snorkeling safari in Gozo with Diver's code. Our instructor, Pepo, picked us up at our hotel, knew the best places to go taking into account weather and sea conditions, made sure we were comfortable in our gear, and was just really accommodating all around. He also took us to a great place for lunch, that we would have missed otherwise. All three of us really enjoyed this experience and appreciated that it was in small groups (actually, it was just us in our case). We saw some interesting marine life (a small stingray, a rainbow fish, ...) and beautiful underwater scenery. Much recommended! read lessSophie P.- TripAdvisorIncredible! We are extremely happy with our choice to do a snorkeling tour with these guys. They have a really great... read moreWe are extremely happy with our choice to do a snorkeling tour with these guys. They have a really great service and are super cool dudes. The equipment was provided and the tour was great. We only did the half day tour and regret not doing the full day.
We were picked up at our hotel and brought back to it after the trip.
The sightseeing was very nice and the bay where did the snorkeling was simply perfect.
We highly recommend the outstanding service and tour provided by these guys! read lessPeggyVW- TripAdvisorSnorkeling Safari -- a great experience My husband and I were in good hands with Andrea and Pepo. We did a full-day snorkeling safari which... read moreMy husband and I were in good hands with Andrea and Pepo. We did a full-day snorkeling safari which included snorkeling at 2 locations where the visibility was good, and the water was relatively calm on a windy day. Pepo paid close attention to the weather and changing conditions to insure we had the best experience possible. The first location was remote and beautiful -- we were the only ones there!
We appreciated the use of wetsuits, quality snorkeling gear, pickup near our hotel, a break for lunch, and the small size of the group.
We highly recommend Divers Code!! read lessTheCheeses- TripAdvisorSafe family fun We were looking for a snorkelling trip that would suit our 13 and 9 year old kids. The team at... read moreWe were looking for a snorkelling trip that would suit our 13 and 9 year old kids. The team at Divers Code were great, making every effort to look after us and the children. We took the full day trip, being picked up from the hotel, and then shown both land and sea sights. Poor visbiakity on the first snorkel meant that Pepo was really keen to make sure we had a decent second dip, which he did as he has a great knowledge of all the sites and how they are effected by conditions. The kids enjoyed every minute and loved getting their first real taste of snorkelling. Highly recommended. read lessste m.- TripAdvisorBrilliant Me and gf did full day trip today. MY gf is a confident scuba diver but I only learnt to... read moreMe and gf did full day trip today. MY gf is a confident scuba diver but I only learnt to snorkel 1 week ago. Got to say we both loved it and I personally felt very relaxed the whole time with to ace guides. Highly recommended Thanks read less
- Pauline H.Amazing! I went on the snorklingtour with Pepo and their intern Alejandro. They were so kind, helpfull and had a... read moreAmazing! I went on the snorklingtour with Pepo and their intern Alejandro. They were so kind, helpfull and had a lot of knowledge about the island and the ocean. I had such a great time and I fully recomend going with them! read lessMornas C.I highly recommend this trip, the guide was not only helpful in making sure we had all of the appropriate... read moreI highly recommend this trip, the guide was not only helpful in making sure we had all of the appropriate equipment, but also made sure to explain the hazards involved with snorkeling and the wildlife you may encounter in the waters. He also gave us some history about Malta while traveling to a couple of the interesting locations on the island. It was a wonderful trip and if I could go back, id choose the full day option and experience this longer. read lessLA M.Loved the snorkeling safari and Skin diving sessions!!Staffs are very experienced and friendly!!Snorkeling sites they brought were amazing!!Free from bunch... read moreLoved the snorkeling safari and Skin diving sessions!!Staffs are very experienced and friendly!!Snorkeling sites they brought were amazing!!Free from bunch of tourists so we could fully enjoy!Thank you!! read less